Friday, July 17, 2009

All things work together for good...

True to my usual pattern, I planted radishes, watered them, weeded them and then never got around to harvesting most of them. It was rainy and then we were on vacation and before I knew it, they had gone to seed and were producing lovely flowers. I was feeling a bit guilty about this as I went out to work in the garden yesterday. It was then I heard a buzzing sound and saw several of Ed's honeybees busy collecting nectar from my "radish flowers." I was reminded of Romans 8:28: "And we know that all things work together for good for them that love God, for them who are called according to His purpose." Our heavenly Father knew that I would let those radishes go to seed long before it happened and sent the honeybees to enjoy the flowers. This fall we will enjoy the honey they produce for us from the nectar. Now THAT is working together for good!

Also thought you'd like to see a picture of Sir, the new llama AFTER his shearing! Doesn't he look so much more comfortable? He's settling in really well and becoming a favorite for walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment